Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Narcissa

In attraction we desire the company and recognition of beauty.  To be recognized, embraced, and wanted in return by someone beautiful results in a selfish affirmation of worth.  What is beauty and why is it prized so highly?  Is not a deadly poison still a deadly poison no matter the artistry, and elegance of its container?  Personally, I'm a victim of desire, like most everyone, but I'm also stubborn and picky, waiting years between relationships before finding someone, like that crazy fantastic girl with the yellow scarf, having just the right balance of everything both inside and out.  Unfortunately, the attraction is not always mutual, recognized, convenient, and even more rarely ever returned, and I go for more years with only myself to try to love when no one else will.  It's so very hard to love yourself when no one else will.


It's extremely hard to love yourself when there's no one else to back that up.
Suffice to say, I'm not feeling any love, from myself, or anyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment